Welcome to Timber Faced Guardrail (TFG), New Zealand.
We offer a NZTA assessed G2m and G4m Timber Faced Guardrail system. This is a guardrail that combines the strength of 20+ year old Pinus timber with hot galvanized steel to achieve an environmentally aesthetic guardrail for where increased safety is required.
The system is available in 4 meter, or 2 meter posts spacing to allow less deflection on impact or tight radii.
TFG have been installed throughout New Zealand since 2005 from The Far North to Southland. Two of the larger installations are a 2.6km installation on the Zig-Zag section of the Crown Range near Queenstown and also 800m at Waitawa Regional Park, Auckland and 950m at Te Mata Peak Rd Hawkes Bay
Variations of the G2m and G4m rail system are available for 2 handrail layouts, termination at an abutment or wall, joining to a w-section, painted steel to the environments colours and a heavy duty system capable of a bus impact. To ensure a good central supply of stock for new orders and repair requirements we have stockpiled rail, posts and components in Nelson, NZ.
We have many photos of existing installations available, so please tell me what you are planning and I may be able to send you photos of a similar design.
Features of Timber Faced Guardrail
– NZTA assessed to NCHRP 350 TL2
– Aesthetically appealing log rails
– Rapid & easy to install
– Cost effective with alternative guardrail
– Variable post spacing to avoid underground
services or tree roots
– Ideal for parks, skifields and urban areas
– Timber masks available to cover visible steel
– 4m & 2m posts and rails allow tight radii and
less impact deflection
– Suitable to speed environments up to 70 km/hr
– Assessed to NZTA TL2
– Crash tested to EN 1317 at 110kph
– Height of top of rail 700mm + 20mm
– Post spacing 2m or 4m
– Timber Rails are 180mm diameter
– See Design, Assembly and Maintenance Manual for full details.